Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Cornwell Bitch-Slap (and other lesbian literary adventures)...


So, my friend (I will refer to her here as Debbie, mostly because her name is Debbie) has apparently had this photo banned in her house. This is a promotional photo for the new book, "Flesh and Blood" by Patricia Cornwell. I mention this because I took the photo directly from her Facebook page, and figure if I plug the book she won't sue me for using the image.

Actually, it would be ok if she sued me for using the image.

I can hear myself in court now.

"Ms. Nicholson, is it true that you posted this image on your blog without permission and in direct contradiction with United States copyright laws?"

"Yes, your Honor, and that's not all I did with this image..."

Patricia Cornwell is a 57 year-old author of the best selling "Kay Scarpetti" crime mystery series. She is also a lesbian.

She is insanely hot, and makes me want to do ab crunches until I pass out. I mean, 57!!!

I can see how this picture could end up banned in a lesbian household. As my friend stated in the following exchange:

DS: My girlfriend told me I'm not allowed to look at this picture. Spoilsport.

DT (the girlfriend): Cornwell is banned!

DS: Rut Roh. I'm in trouble.

JN: Hubba. Repetitively.

DS: That's what I said, but mysteriously I got slapped and I have no idea why!

JN: It's the famous "Cornwell Bitch-Slap"...don't ever leave one of the books face-side down on the coffee table. Be prepared.

DS: LMFAO! The Cornwell Bitch-Slap is a thing? Who knew?

JN: Right? And it's much more dangerous than the "Rita Mae Brown Headlock."

Or the "Fannie Flagg Chokehold" which first gained notoriety in South Carolina.

I may have made that up. I may have made all of this up.

Anyway, this picture gives me hope that I may still be able to become a hot writer and be banned in lesbian households across America!

We all have to dream.

I'm going to go do some crunches and work on my memoirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment